The Île -de- France region built the new Rowing and Canoeing hub at the Vaires-Torcy sports park as a site for national and international Canoe-Kayak and Rowing competitions. It also provides regular training for high level Île -de- France sports people and to host the new Île -de- France water sports training center.
The redevelopment of the site offers the following:
- man-made water park designed to international standards for training and rowing and canoe-kayak competitions
- artificial river for whitewater canoe-kayak slaloming (elite and recreational).
- new finish-line post for timing in-line events.
- suitable premises for maintenance and storage of boats.
A 140-bed accommodation center with modern comfort features (living and dining rooms, video room etc.) can host international delegations.
Special fees for Gay Games participants:
- 52€/night/person Double room (full board)
- 42€/night/person Double room (half board)
- 31€/night/person Double room (breakfast included)