The Halle Georges Carpentier is a multipurpose hall with 4,800 seats built in 1960 and renovated in 1988. It is named after a famous French boxer to become first French heavyweight world champion October 12, 1920.
This major sports arena was designed for maximum comfort by the public, the press and the athletes. It features a lobby, a food court, an infirmary, two press rooms, and a meeting room
in addition to fixed stands, Halle Georges Carpentier is equipped with movable stands with a total capacity of 4,272 seats, allowing for flexibility.
Many sports competitions are regularly held there (basketball, boxing, badminton, table tennis, volleyball, handball, etc.). The Halle Georges Carpentier hosted the Open de France Badminton until 2006.