Located in the 16th district of Paris, close to Parc des Prince stadium, Jean Bouin stadium was built in 1925.
A stadium renovation project was part of Paris application file for 2012 Olympic Games. Rudy Ricciotti’s project, national Grand Prix of architecture in 2006, is reteined by the jury from city of Paris. A Grand architecture, innovative and respectfull of the environment wich was inaugurated the 31st of August 2013 to welcome 20 000 people.
Around the stadium, Tennis Jean Bouin has 13 clay courts + 2 other tennis courts
New spaces for the public
- 20 000 covered seated places
- 51 booths and 1300 business seats
- a press room well equiped
- a 500 parkiong place
- a commercial mall
- solar panels permiting to cover the lighting needs
- the project use economical materials in carbon energy
- raining water is used to wtaer the lawns
- Stade Français Paris, rugby club playing in TOP 14 home based stadium
- Paris track and field meeting till early 1990 : on july 13th 1985, Pole –vaulter Serguei Bubka took away the world record with the mythic limit of 6 meters
- Casque d’or finals (franch american football campionship from 1983 to 1993